Monday, February 23, 2009

Outline of project

Introduction-
-How I find inspiration through my past/childhood and how that connects with my daily life today.
-Importance of family/tradition.
-The importance of exploring my relationship with an individual and how that fits into a community (my family).
Body-
Patterns
-Start with familiar, deep-rooted symbols from plant life, fabrics, wallpaper, and clothing and end with a fresh relationship of designs that is still familiar.
-A way to combine imagery otherwise not related.
-A way to create a practical and functional piece of work.
Sharing work with my family
-Merge people that are close to me, but not a part of my usual school/arts community with my artwork.
Influences
-Personal Objects: fabric, wallpaper, plant life, clothing, memories
-Lori Weitzner (especially her wall hanging work)
-“Pattern Language” Weisman Art Museum exhibition
-“Plants and the application to ornament”
-“Surface Pattern Design”
Conclusion-
-Reaction from a viewer on a piece made for a personal investigation.
-Summary of pattern series referring back to the introduction and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment